Monday, September 15, 2014

Texture Tuesday Sept 16

I thought I'd be 'lazy' and sit on the sofa with my iPad in hand to edit a photo for Texture Tuesday. I had just finished it up on Blogger when I got an error message when it was trying to save. Drat! Ok, I'll go to the computer.
In the meantime I finally updated CC today (guess I wasn't in a hurry, gosh how many months has it been since the last update?) Of course it opens up with it's 'dark' interface which I just don't like. Fortunately it asked to migrate my presets. I think I would have screamed if all my actions and brushes had been set back to default. I really need to get in gear and sync my settings and such to the cloud.
Anyway…..
Texture Tuesday is brought to you by PS Touch, my iPhone and my iPad. (And now my iMac).
I hadn't used PS Touch in quite awhile and wanted to reacquaint myself. I have a couple other 'layering apps' and I want to analyze each of them and settle on one if possible.
I have a folder of a few of Kim's textures on my iPad via Dropbox. So I added three different textures set to multiply and different opacities. The app doesn't have the best choices of fonts but I wanted to stay with in the app. What's nice about PS Touch is that you can save your 'project' any time keeping the layers and go back and change it more if needed. I wish the text layers were able to have the blend modes changed. If there is a way to simplify or rasterize them, that would work, but I didn't see an option.
I also duplicated my flower layer, moved it above the textures and set it to screen on very low opacity.
Linking up with Kim for Texture Tuesday
Linking up with Barb for App Happy Wednesday.
Keeping With The Times
Kim Klassen {dot com}

19 comments:

  1. Lovely image Roxi!! I just can't seem to get the hang of those apps. It's funny....I too copied my photo layer and moved it above my texture for today's post. GMTA!!
    http://cherylmccainphotography.com/dslr-firmware-updates/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image. So sorry you lost your post the first time-I know how aggravating that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wonderful, love the composition and the textures used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxi you have done such a lovely way with your images and your editing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roxi, So glad I stopped by today for your focus on the flower - so intricate and perfectly focused. Your explanation of the path to the the texture and the post had me shaking my head - the frustration of technology. I know many people really enjoy the challenge of making it all work together, and I'm happy for them, but for me, I really love the photography but not the computer work. I admire your ability to persist and love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful image! Isn't it amazing what we can create on our phones/pads?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful, like a fine painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Roxi! I like PS Touch the more I use it ... but I can't say it's my go-to app ... I love technology can be a real pain sometimes. I upgraded to CC 2014 and what a kerfuffle ... I ended up having to let Adobe onto my computer ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work Roxi! I too have to acquaint myself with PS Touch. Did you see Art of Mob's article yesterday? The artist featured broke down the process he uses in PS Touch. Quite interesting. Love your image. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful image...and I'm always impressed with your app and computer skills...the results are very lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful piece of work...I'm impressed with your knowledge of apps and computer technology...your work is always lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done. The background is just perfect with the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfectly lovely! Sometimes it is just easier for me to use what I have instead of diving into more and more tech stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely image, I'm always intrigued by your process and think to myself that I should try it, and then forget !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admire your ability to work through a process to get such a great result...for me with old eyes, editing on my phone is a challenge...need the big computer for such fancy work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Roxy, I love what you did here. I never tire of a single bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Roxi, Janet from Prairie Sage here... can't seem to choose the name I comment under or get logged in.... sigh.... I love your image, it's absolutely lovely! You've inspired me to get back to my iPad and spend some time playing with all my apps and getting acquainted with PS Touch....

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!