Monday, April 3, 2017

A Hard Reality

Snapseed

The lady across the hall said to the nurse that just walked into her room......
“I’m not happy with my life.
I used to be happy.
Two weeks ago I was happy.
Then they made me come here.
The doctor said I couldn't remember things and I agree I have trouble. But that doesn't mean I have to be here.”

Yes, that was a gut wrencher.

This is why I've had little time to spend here at the blog. I sure have lots of stories to tell but they'll come in due time.

Today I thank God for this phone in my pocket.

Have a great Mobile Art Monday where ever you are in life's journey.
Linking up with Sarah today at a Scene and Story

8 comments:

  1. The truest stories always wrench the heart. Hang in there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hard to read. I hope that elderly soul is able to find some happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The realities of life are sometimes hard to accept. I hope the lady across the hall will find some peace and acceptance of how things are for her now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be full of compassion built on stories like these. This was everything- as it's many people's deepest fear to lose themselves and their freedom this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so poignant. I can only imagine how that lady must feel, and I wish her comfort and peace. Sending you thoughts of love and strength, Roxi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are indeed difficult days for you. I'll say a prayer for guidance and courage and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alzheimer and dementia are such cruel illnesses. Not only for the individual and their loved ones, but also for those around the sufferer. My first mother-in-law suffered for about 10 years with it. My father-in-law is just now starting to have signs of it. I pray daily for a cure for each and also for cancer. I also pray for those who are experiencing the effects of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So heartbreaking Roxi ... I hope you are OK.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!