Monday, January 2, 2017

Mobile Art Monday No. 51

It's a good thing to go through your images from the prior year.
1. To delete unnecessary space hogs.
2. For rekindling memories.
3. To see your progression throughout the year.
4. Take note of your experiments and why you may not have pursued them further.
5. Make a collection of favorites.

I like using Flipagram to make quick videos of such.
First I'll go through my iPad since that is where most of my editing is done and select all my favorite images for the year and put them in one album called "Best of 2016". After that I can easily just pull from that album to create other 'category' albums like 'still life'. This makes it so much quicker to pull images into Flipagram to create a slide show.
Later if I go through my phone I may come up with a whole new slide show of things I missed. (I must do this.)

Here are a few tips for using Flipagram.
You can format it to landscape, portrait or square.
To get a title on your first image, click the pencil icon to edit it.
To change sizes of images, go to edit also.
You can add music but I chose not to this year. If it's copyrighted and you post it to Social Media it may get removed.
By changing the speed you can see just how long your slide show will be. If posting to Instagram they must be 15 seconds or less. If longer it will just get cut off.
Even after saving your video you can go back and edit it and save another version.

Give Flipagram a try and if you have another app you like that does something similar I'd love to know about it. One thing I do not like is they leave their logo on every slide.

UPDATE
After trying to view this on my computer in Safari it said Flash was out of date. Updated, still not working. Opened in Firefox, it works but the quality sure stinks. Tried on my iPhone and it said the address is invalid for the videos. AUUGHHH! Guess I'll try and load to Youtube and try that.






Here's looking forward to another year of mobile edits.


1 comment:

  1. Flash doesn't work at all on iPhones and iPads, does it? I just viewed these on my computer using the Chrome browser. They ran OK but the small size is really too small, and enlarged to full screen they are very blurry. I'd guess it's the image resolution limitations of Flipagram that's the problem. I hope it works better for you on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!