Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Butter Cookies

When I was kid my favorite cookie in the world was Mom's recipe for Christmas cookies. They were not the typical however and I believed they were highly superior to all others. Of course that's what she told me. It didn't use regular sugar but powdered sugar and lots of butter. We made them thin and crispy.
I'll bet I've made them only once in the past 20 years because there are just other things that I prefer to get my sugar intake from at Christmas. But now that we have a little 4 1/2 year old that likes to help in the kitchen, this would be a good year to make them again.

I remind myself to lower my expectations when it comes to 4 1/2 year olds. We are all much happier in the end. She lasted through one pan and then was off to 'decorate' the house with all the stickers she got at school that day.

A few days later I pulled the remaining dough from the refrigerator.


 The 'lighter' version.
I must admit, these were a lot easier to eat.

The Recipe:



1 comment:

  1. I've just had a delightful few minutes reading all your December posts. December has been hectic, but I'm so glad I made time to get caught up.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!