A Digital Mixed Media Piece
Today's purpose: Mostly to inspire with a tidbit of instruction here and there.
This piece was created using three photos(sunflower, bird and an oil can label for texture) and two vintage papers(the butterflies and text.)
My original photo was shot with the Hipstamatic app using two of my favorites, Tejas lens and Ina's 1982 film. (I cropped off the border.)
In Leonardo I layered the other images on top and began changing blend modes and masking away areas.
I inverted the text paper and set it to screen so the text would be white. I duplicated most of the layers and used two different blending modes to achieve desired results.
When happy, I saved to camera roll and opened it in Picfx.
Under the PFX Film Set I chose PFX10 and reduced the opacity. (Touch on the right side to pull up the opacity slider. You can also rotate the filters on the left.) Be sure to touch the 'layer+' icon to add additional layers.
Under the Scratches Set I added Scratches One at a very low opacity and Olden Texture also at a low opacity.
At this point I opened it in Procreate to outline the bird slightly and add a few sublte touches to the butterflies.
For an experiment I thought I'd run it through Brushstroke and saved three of the edits.
Another play with the three in Leonardo using different blend modes for a unique painterly effect.
I hope this inspires you to try some layering in your edits.