Monday, May 4, 2015

Mobile Art Monday No. 17

Our spring has been so beautiful that I just can't stay out of the garden. As a result you will see tons of flowers over the next few weeks.
This edit was inspired by changing a blend mode of a layer in Stackables to Color Dodge.
I had applied one of my custom formulas and then proceeded to adjust different layers when this popped up. My mind saw possibilities...  I started saving several versions to the camera roll with the intention to layer them in Leonardo

The color dodge version in Stackables. I duplicated it and masked out all but the turquoise center. Then duplicated it three more times to scatter that effect throughout the photo.

(Stackables) My bottom layer.

(iColorama, Style>Edges) This layer set at Color Dodge and duplicated also with parts masked away.

Then I opened it in Snapseed for what I thought was a final tuning until I found some scratches I liked in the Retroflex filter. So a few more versions were saved and back to Leonardo for a new edit. 
I couldn't manage to keep the pink colors that the other had, but this is what it looked like.

So I tweaked some more and finally stopped at the one at the top of this post. What's interesting as I've done this is how different it looks on my monitor than it does on my iPad. Perhaps it's time for a calibration...

Here is another edit with the same photo using one of my custom edits.

Plus another view... From beneath.
(I need to work on a fix for that one dark bottom corner.)

Hope you're having a great start to your week!

8 comments:

  1. NICE photos! I like the last one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are wonderful Roxie, these would be wonderful on anyone's wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, especially the second to last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are down on your knees girl. Actually down on your stomach Great results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all lovely but I really love the softness of the top image. Really beautiful and so perfectly 'spring'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the two lowest from your Instagram feed ~ pure pleasure! Your Monday's posts are always a joy & inspiration, thank you for sharing your editing process!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, lovely! My favorite is the very first one...so light and airy, like a quick sketch. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!