Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Texture Tuesday Jan 27

Today would have been my Mom's 78 birthday. I made this to honor her.
Captivated Visions, Artified template. Painted art, mine.

In fact today I decided to wear one of her sweaters and a piece of costume jewelry that was hers. Can't believe she's been gone more than 30 years now. 


It's Texture Tuesday at Kim's...
Kim's preset kk_barelycolor with some added haze. I've really gotten on the haze bandwagon lately. I spent the past 48 hours processing photos from a family shoot this weekend and decided to play catch up from December's family photos too. I did quite a few with haze and I LOVE them. (More about that later.)


Two layers of kk_epic texture, linear burn and soft light both at 68% opacity. Word Art mine. (Words of Love in store) Can you relate to this one?

Kim Klassen {dot com}

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute, love your texture shots, beautiful edits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute, Roxi. And lovely images too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely thoughts for your mom. The haze works perfectly for these shots. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely thoughts for your mom. The haze works perfectly for these shots. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet tribute to your mom, and what a nice way to hold her close on her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of gorgeous textures and love the tones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice remembrance. I am trying to work my mother's pictures into things for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are those Anna Aspens scribbles or are they yours. I would like to learn to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet tribute and really awesome still life photos. I'm waiting for some sunlight so I can shoot something. I have a few ideas churning but need some good light. Grey skies don't do it. 'The sun'll come out ... tomorrow... ' I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful tribute to your mom. I can see you still miss her. I do like your collection and presentation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely thoughts for your mom and a beautiful piece of art in her memory. Love your textured images too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful images and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful tribute to your Mom, Roxi ... oh my ... she died so young ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely tribute to your Mum, Roxi.I love that you still have a wear her sweater and necklace, they must be very comforting to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to your mom in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!