Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Too Many Passions

I have too many… passions that is. Just when I decide to narrow the field something else comes in to tempt me. The latest being as a result of a Creative Live class on surface pattern design. Patterns for fabrics or scrapbook papers and such. I've often thought that if I had kept up the quilting gig that I would be designing fabric. But I was on the road to burn out when one of my friends started designing reproduction fabrics for a well known company. And I was ready for a change of pace, like focusing on a second marriage, building a house and new work place for both of us.
After doing some digital scrapbook designing the past few years, the surface patterns have always intrigued me. I've dabbled but that's about all. There are companies that will print your personally designed fabric for a price and I'm seriously thinking about it. We have grand baby number 2 on the way and it's a boy. Wouldn't it be cool to design some boy fabric and make a quilt for him? I better hurry if I think that's going to happen. December will be here before you know it. In the mean time I've at least cleared off the table in my studio for a little gelli printing. I so don't know what I'm doing, but it's fun to get messy once in awhile. I took a photo of two of my 'pulls' and combined them in Superimpose with the blend mode changed. Flattened it, added another layer of a building and changed the blend mode on it and saved. Opened it in Snapseed, made a few tweaks and cropped.
Then I played in the Retrolux filters…
 And black and white and came up with this.
I'll be using this as 'texture' of sorts for another photo. You'll have to check back tomorrow to see how I plan to use it.
Just another way to use my iPad apps…..
I think I've really open another can of worms now.
Joining Barb at Keeping with the Times for App Happy Wednesday.
Keeping With The Times

5 comments:

  1. You are going to be overrun with worms ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. each one is so intriguing...can't wait to see what the last one turns into
    and yes - print up some fabric - I've used Spoonflower a couple of times and have been very happy with the end results

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been playing with different photo apps on my ipad/iphone too - addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to continue to explore new things. You never know where this will lead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- can't wait to see what happens here! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!