Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Long(horn) Shot

What are my chances that I would drive by this longhorn steer just at the point he would be in the right position to grab this cool shot? 1:1000000000. There are only a few points around this small pasture that one can even get a shot without it being through a chain link fence. And this is in the city no less. Lucky me, I met my friend on her side of town for lunch this week. I really should get out of my 3 mile radius more often.
The first is edited in Lightroom with a vintage style preset. The second is with Kim's copper preset from Beyond Beyond class.

Linking up with Little Things Thursdays.

11 comments:

  1. That's great! Glad you had that serendipity and were able to take advantage of it with the lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is my favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between the two, I prefer the 1st shot. It appears more natural. It is awesome when we step out of our "comfort zone" and discover what is just waiting for us isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect timing! Longhorns are so impressive ... and they have big brown eyes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cool -- there are a few on a ranch near here -- I need to go back and visit them again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when this happens and you get a total surprise...So glad you had your camera ready......Those horns are massive....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh yes, the studly longhorn's - great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have make beautiful photos!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your editing looks great. A beautiful photo indeed.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!