While playing around in iColorama this week I discovered an interesting thing and just have to share!
Here is my workflow for this piece.
Like most of my edits I start in Snapseed for initial adjustments like Exposure, Ambiance and Tonal Contrast.
I imported the portrait format image into iColorama.
Style>Coherence>Preset 1 with opacity reduced about 50%. Check Apply.
Style>Tensor 5/5. This is what it looked like before changing any settings.
I chose the photo option at the bottom right To import the square Snapseed edit.
I then opened it in Stackables to get some color and texture in the image. (Download link for this formula is below.)
I felt like it was calling for some sketchy line drawing effects. Since I used the the square crop for the 'mask' I decided to use it also for the sketch. Back to iColorama.
Style>Edges Preset 1, reduced size for finer lines. Saved to camera roll.
I imported the Stackables edit and the sketch into Procreate to add in the sketch effect. The sketch layer was set to darken at 50%. It was chopped up into the separate flowers to get things lined up the way I wanted. A new layer was created to add more pencil lines to the piece. I saved this image to camera roll then imported it back in and set the blend mode to hard light and reduced the opacity to 61% for a more dramatic look.
Then in Snapseed I made a little tonal contrast. I have to decide if that tweak was worth it because I went from a 10MB png file from Procreate to a 2MB jpg from Snapseed. I'll have to consider this when I do some future printing.
Here is the link to the Coneflowers2017 Stackables formula. Check out the instructions at the end of Mobile Art Monday No.47 for adding formulas to your Stackables app.
Wishing everyone a great Mobile Art Monday!