Monday, March 14, 2016

Mobile Art Monday No. 41

Start to Finish Crocus

Once in awhile I have to do a sharp clean edit but that doesn't have to mean just clean it up.
I call this Crocus at Midnight.
It is anything but as you can see from the original.

First step was in Snapseed where it was cropped and a few tweaks added in the Tune Image section.
Then in the Selective edit section you can see the areas that I lowered the brightness and one that the brightness was increased. 


Then a dark vignette was added. Lastly, in the Vintage section I chose the first preset and saved my image.
 If you want a great through tutorial on Snapseed, check out the folks at Mobiography at this link. The only thing they don't cover is copying settings to another image. You can find that here.

I wanted to clone out a few spots and tone down a few so I used Retouch for that.

iColorama has a nice setting for flowers that I use sometimes. Style> Coherence>1. Then changed the blend mode to screen.

Have you ever tried 'coherence'? It can be pretty cool, even on people.
Have a great Monday!


4 comments:

  1. While I don't do much mobile art these days you entries always make me want to do more. Wonderful little crocus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Thanks for this! I've always done my shooting and basic edits in Camera+. I think I'd better download and learn Snapseed, Retouch, and icolorama. One question: this looks like a macro shot; did you use a clip-on lens or is this just the phone camera? Thanks,
    Carolyn (@hillonthehouse on IG)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful crocus! Love your final edit - it really focuses attention on those lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great work of art. Thank you for posting. Who would think simple crocus could be so stunning?

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all your comments. Have a blessed day!